Mushroom/Mouse/Human Tyrosinase Inhibitor Screening Kit (Monophenolase or Diphenolase activity)
Applications Screening and characterizing tyrosinase inhibitors
Tyrosinase (EC220.127.116.11) is one of important enzyme in melanin biosynthesis and present universally in all living organisms. The enzyme catalyzes two types of reaction: the ortho-hydroxylation of monophenols, rendering into o-diphenols (monophenolase activity), and the oxidation of o-diphenols to o-quinones (diphenolase activity). Melanins are the pigments responsible for pigmentation of skin, hair, eye-lens and some regions in brain. They play role in coloration, absorption of UV radiations and electron transfer properties and prevents sun induced skin injuries. However, excessive melanogenesis results in browning in skin pigmentation and during fruit harvesting and handling. Because inhibitions of tyrosinase bring skin-whitening and plant-bleaching, tyrosinase inhibitors have been developed in the skin health research, cosmetics and agricultural industries.
Tyrosinase Inhibitor Screening Kit series provide a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable test suitable for high-throughput screening of tyrosinase inhibitors. Mushroom, Mouse and Human tyrosinase catalyzes the oxidation of the tyrosine or DOPA as a substrate, producing a chromophore that can be detected at OD = 495 nm. In the presence of kojic Acid (Inhibitor control), a reversible inhibitor of tyrosinase, the rate of oxidation of the substrate is decreased.
Assay Protocol Summary
Typical Assay Data
Products of Series
- Mushroom Tyrosinase Inhibitor Screening Kit (Monophenolase activity) (Cat.No.SL-7010)
- Mushroom Tyrosinase Inhibitor Screening Kit (Diphenolase activity)(Cat.No.SL-7011)
- Mouse Tyrosinase Inhibitor Screening Kit (Monophenolase activity)(Cat.No.SL-7020)
- Mouse Tyrosinase Inhibitor Screening Kit (Diphenolase activity)(Cat.No.SL-7021)
- Human Tyrosinase Inhibitor Screening Kit (Monophenolase activity)(Cat.No.SL-7030)
- Human Tyrosinase Inhibitor Screening Kit (Diphenolase activity)(Cat.No.SL-7031)